Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Designed to help both parents and children, PCIT is an intensive treatment program that works with parents and children together to improve the quality of the parent-child relationship and to teach parents the skills necessary to manage their child's severe behavior problems.
PCIT is appropriate for children who:
- Are between the ages of 2 and 7
- Exhibit many of the following behavioral concerns:
- Difficulty in school, preschool, and/or daycare
- Aggression toward parents, siblings, and /or other children
- Sassing back to their parents
- Refusing to follow directions
- Frequent temper tantrums
- Are currently living with their parent (or will soon be reunited)
- May be on medication to manage their behavioral problems
- Are currently in foster care (treatment can be conducted with biological, foster, or adoptive parents)
For more information, or to find out if you and your child are eligible for PCIT, call (360) 734-4616.